The combination of healthcare and health science topics in this Healthcare and Health Science (Honours) programme from The Open University UK will equip you with a broad understanding of the range of debates about the provision of healthcare, as well as enabling you to evaluate the relationship between scientific and social understandings about the promotion of health.
Key features of the course
- Develop skills in interpreting, generating, and presenting information and data using a variety of text-based, graphical, numerical, audio-visual and online sources
- Engage with an evidence-based, scientific approach to health sciences and gain an appreciation of the limits of scientific knowledge
- Critically evaluate approaches to service provision and develop strategies for improving practice
Skills for career development
You will gain some of the skills required for working in health science and be able to apply scientific methodology to health-related issues.
The broad knowledge base in healthcare and health science that you will acquire will equip you with the necessary skills to identify key factors which influence the health of individuals and the health of populations.
You will develop skills in handling scientific data and applying this to debates about the provision of healthcare. You will also gain skills in constructing an evidence-based argument which will enable you to contribute to debates about health policy.
This degree will enable you to contribute to the planning and delivery of a range of healthcare services, as well as the development of policy about healthcare. The degree provides a sound and critical understanding of the relationship between scientific understandings of health and the social influences on health, and of health and social care policy, theory and practice.
You’ll also understand how ethical, legal, scientific, social, and political factors influence the provision and development of services; and gain the critical and analytical skills that underpin evidence-based practice.
- Science and health: an evidence-based approach
- Critical issues in health and wellbeing
- Human biology
- Investigating health and social care
- Infectious disease and public health
- Approaches to mental health
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Natural Sciences Health Sciences View 68 other Bachelors in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
International6336 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19008 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National6336 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19008 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.