Students will be provided with both formal and informal learning opportunities such as guest lectures, company visits, exhibitions, competitions, seminars and talks on a regular basis to facilitate keeping abreast with the most current trends and issues in the field.
Upon completion of the Business, Accounting and Financial Studies (Honours) programme at The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK) , students are expected to be able to:
- demonstrate a solid understanding of business and business-related disciplinary concepts and theories from an entrepreneurial perspective.
- apply business and business-related knowledge and skills to solve business problems in a responsible, creative and innovative manner.
- integrate business and business-related concepts, theories and approaches to form ethical decision-making.
- critically examine the contemporary issues in business environment and technological advancement from global and multi-cultural perspectives.
- conduct systematic research to evaluate local, regional and global contemporary business and business education issues.
- display competent teaching and professionalism for quality business education provision in schools and beyond.
Career Prospects/Professional Qualifications
Their in-depth academic and professional knowledge confer graduates of the programme with excellent career prospects. They will possess a Qualified Teacher Status in Hong Kong and are ready to become fully qualified teachers in local secondary schools. In addition to the professional teaching career, graduates will possess the academic knowledge and intellectual skills to embark on a wide variety of other relevant jobs in the government sector, non-government organisations, commercial organisations, publishing sector, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The curriculum embraces a whole range of business related-disciplines, including (1) Business Foundations, (2) Accounting, (3) Management and (4) Financial Studies, and their complex interrelationships in the theoretical and practical aspects.
- Business Foundations incorporates legal and ethical issues in business, Hong Kong and global economy in order to provide a solid grounding in BAFS studies. Accounting essentially covers the financial and managerial accounting.
- Management comprises entrepreneurship, organizational management, human resources and marketing management studies. Financial Studies cover personal financial planning, business finance, financial management and financial statement analysis. In particular, professional excellence, ethical responsibility and innovation are strongly emphasised and integrated throughout the Major in view of their importance in both the business and education fields.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Finance Accounting View 35 other Bachelors in Finance in Hong Kong (SAR)
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are normally required to complete Grade 12 studies on a full-time basis in high school and they may also need to fulfill the language requirements and/or programme specific requirements.
- Due to quota limit, applicants having satisfied the University's entrance requirements will be considered for admission on a competitive basis. Eligible applicants will be requested to attend interviews for further assessment. Holding minimum requirement does not guarantee admission to the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16066 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16066 EUR per year during 60 months.
National4832 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4832 EUR per year during 60 months.
- Local Students: HK$42,100 per annum
- Non-local Students: HK$140,000 per annum
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.