The Bachelor of Education in English Language - Primary (Honours) from The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK) is highly practical, requiring students to use English for a variety of academic and professional purposes throughout their five years of study.
This programme aims to equip students with high proficiency and in-depth knowledge of English language; and the ability to help students in primary schools in Hong Kong to learn English as a second language effectively. Students will also develop the lifelong learning skills and be able to appreciate moral, social and cultural values; show the aptitude to work collaboratively with students, parents, colleagues, school administrators and other professionals; and understand education issues of Hong Kong and react to educational innovations positively.
Career Prospects/Professional Qualifications
The programme is designed to provide students with the disciplinary and professional competency to teach in local primary schools. Majoring in English with in-depth academic and professional knowledge, graduates of the programme will have excellent career prospects. They will be ready to gain the following skills and qualifications:
- Qualified Teacher Status in Hong Kong;
- Be able to apply for an exemption from the Language Proficiency Assessment for Teachers – English (LPATE) with high level of English proficiency; and
- Ability to help students learn English as a second language effectively in Hong Kong primary schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English Grammar for Teachers
- English Phonetics and Phonology
- Spoken and Written Discourse
- Words and their Meanings
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages View 33 other Bachelors in Language Studies in Hong Kong (SAR)
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are normally required to complete Grade 12 studies on a full-time basis in high school and they may also need to fulfill the language requirements and/or programme specific requirements.
- Due to quota limit, applicants having satisfied the University's entrance requirements will be considered for admission on a competitive basis. Eligible applicants will be requested to attend interviews for further assessment. Holding minimum requirement does not guarantee admission to the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16066 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16066 EUR per year during 60 months.
National4832 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4832 EUR per year during 60 months.
- Local Students: HK$42,100 per annum
- Non-local Students: HK$140,000 per annum
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.