The MEng Civil and Environmental Engineering from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) consists of core areas of structures, materials and geotechnics, alongside more specialist topics such as hydrology, transport engineering, geology and surveying.
Be taught by a dedicated, diverse teaching team with a mix of industry and academic experience. Access modern, well-equipped, laboratories and industry-standard technology.
You'll apply your learning through projects based on genuine issues, giving you valuable insights into challenges you may face in your career. During the group design project you'll learn to present cross-disciplinary solutions as if to a genuine client.
And if you choose, you can develop your professional skills further through a placement year with one of our unique partner employers.
Where can it take me?
The MEng Civil and Environmental Engineering course will equip you with the knowledge and expertise to succeed in a range of disciplines. Your next step might take you into business planning; water, power, road or railway infrastructure engineering; or structural design the possibilities are boundless.
And thanks to our links with major industry employers in the South West, many of those opportunities will be right on your doorstep.
Careers / Further study
Civil engineers are in high demand, with numerous opportunities overseas as well as in the UK.
Graduates can choose from a range of disciplines. From geotechnical or civil engineering through to transport engineering, this qualification opens up extensive employment possibilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structural Analysis
- Design of Structural Elements
- Soil Mechanics
- Hydraulics and Engineering Applications
- Applications of Mathematics in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Project and Risk Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 455 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 120
- GCSE: Grade C/4 in English Literature or Language and Grade C/4 or above in Mathematics, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificate in Adult Numeracy and Literacy as alternatives to GCSEs.
- A-level subjects: Grade C or above in Mathematics. Maths requirement can also be met by the Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics at Merit 3.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: A Merit in one of the following: Further Engineering Mathematics, or Further Mathematics for Construction. Please list the units you are taking in your application.
- Access: 15 level 3 credits at Merit in Mathematics.
- Baccalaureate IB: To include a minimum grade of 5 in Higher Level Mathematics.
- Irish Highers: H2 in Mathematics.
- T Levels: You must achieve a Grade C in A-Level Mathematics, in addition to your T Level qualification.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.