Facilitated at the Story Arts Centre, the courses in this Graphic Design program at Centennial College take a hands-on approach in an intimate studio environment, rather than having you sit passively in large lecture halls. With small class sizes, you have lots of opportunities to work one-on-one with your professors.
In this college graphic design program, you:
- Master industry-standard Adobe software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Learn creative problem solving and design thinking
- Design for print, including advertisements, magazines, books and packaging
- Design responsive websites, mobile apps and create exciting motion graphics
- Explore drawing, photography, illustration and type design
- Learn professional practice skills to land a great job or start your own design business
- Contribute something unique and innovative to the design community in a thesis course
- Learn on the job and get course credits through an industry field placement in your final semester
- Interact with industry professionals
- Become a student member of the Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario (RDG Ontario)
- Learn from professors who are current and professionally active in the design industry
- Graphic/web designer
- Interactive designer
- Motion graphics designer
- Art director
- Editorial designer
- Type designer
- Print production artist
- Digital imaging professional
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Process - Digital Imaging
- Drawing in Graphic Communication
- Two-Dimensional Design and Typography
- Photography and Imaging
- Graphic Design History and Theory
- Creativity in Context
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students: Apply early! Allow approximately four to six months before start for admission and Study Permit/Visa processing.
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design User Experience Design View 69 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- Grade 12 English (C or U), or equivalent (minimum grade required), or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission (score of 170 or 171 required)
- Select 15 pieces of your original work in art and design, in a variety of media, materials and techniques. Work created by hand is required, but your portfolio can include both digital and hand-drawn art.
- Include a sketchbook to show how your ideas are developed. If you are submitting a digital portfolio, photos of your sketchbook pages can be submitted.
- Show work that demonstrates your ability and interest in graphic design, including use of typography if possible.
- Include a short letter outlining your interest in graphic design and your career aspirations.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15693 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15693 CAD per year during 36 months.
National2721 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2721 CAD per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.