- Prepare to achieve Incorporated Engineer status: accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology to ensure this course gives you the relevant recognition
- Develop your practical skills working with machines, electronic circuits, microprocessors, simulation software and renewable energy equipment
- Study in an inspirational learning environment at our Markeaton Street site, home to our impressive STEM Centre and fully equipped with laboratories, workshops and the latest technology
- Enjoy valuable industry experience on an optional work placement as part of your studies
- Take the chance to get involved in far-reaching projects such as the ALICE experiment, on which we are working in partnership with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Prepare for careers where you can lead demanding projects in areas as diverse as avionics, medical electronics, automotive systems, electrical power generation, mining or the rail industry.
This Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Foundation Year (Hons) degree from University of Derby opens doors to a wide range of employment opportunities in electrical and electronic engineering.
You could move into development, installation or maintenance roles in areas as diverse as avionics, medical electronics, automotive electrical and electronic systems, electrical power generation, mining or the rail industry. It may not be long before you become a team or project leader, managing significant budgets as well as the work of others.
Derby graduates can be found working in railway signalling, train construction and maintenance; managing oilfield instrumentation systems; and developing microprocessor systems in cars, safety systems for forklift trucks or aircraft engine controls.
The numeracy and problem-solving skills you develop during our BSc (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering will also pave the way to a wide range of alternative career options, including teaching, banking, accountancy, technical sales or management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- Signal and Circuit Analysis Techniques (Mode B)
- Design and Professional Studies
- Electromagnetic Devices
- Engineering Workshop
- Sustainable Energy Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 435 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 72
- A Level DDD
- BTEC MPP
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 and 15 at Level 2
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.