Gain a real career advantage on this exciting degree which will put you at the forefront of future technologies. With the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering on your CV, you can join one of the UK’s most in-demand professions.
- Prepare for rewarding careers in areas as diverse as avionics, medical electronics, automotive electrical and electronic systems, electrical power generation, the rail industry or music and entertainment
- Choose a course accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and start your journey towards Chartered Engineer (CEng) status
- Include an optional industry placement year as part of your studies to gain vital insights into professional practice
- Study in an inspirational learning environment at our Markeaton Street site, home to our impressive STEM Centre and fully equipped with laboratories, workshops and the latest technology
- Learn from an expert teaching team experienced in the different branches of electrical and electronic engineering and who have produced many influential research publications and textbooks
- This Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Foundation Year (Hons) degree from University of Derby is available part-time for direct entry to the final year only.
When you graduate, a wide range of employment opportunities will open up for you in electrical and electronic engineering. You could move into areas as diverse as avionics, medical electronics, automotive electrical and electronic systems, electrical power generation, the rail industry or music and entertainment.
Recent students have moved into roles involving electrical or electronic system design, installation and commissioning, programming, maintenance, and related activities. Derby graduates can now be found developing embedded systems in cars, electrical power distribution systems, railway signalling systems, or rolling stock enhancements. They are also managing major industrial processes, from breweries to assembly lines.
The numeracy and problem-solving skills you develop during the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering will broaden your career scope further still, with alternative options including teaching, banking, accountancy, technical sales or management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- Signal and Circuit Analysis Techniques (Mode A)
- Design and Professional Studies
- Engineering Workshop
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Electromagnetic Principles and Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 1183 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 72
- A Level DDD
- BTEC MPP
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 and 15 at Level 2
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.