English Language and Literature from TED University aims to educate individuals who can follow the changing global dynamics with an ecological consciousness that is achieved from the literary and cultural texts they study and develop their research and studies by focusing on solving environmental and social problems.
Graduates with English Language and Literature from TED University will:
- be sufficiently knowledgeable about the English language, literature and culture.
- be sufficiently knowledgeable about literary genres, theories, concepts and terms.
- have the theoretical knowledge necessary to examine the canon and contemporary texts of English literature in the context of historical, social, cultural, economic, political and ecological backgrounds.
- have theoretical and practical knowledge about the systematic structure, functioning and transformations of the English language.
- be able to use analytical strategies in the process of independent thinking and evaluate the information they receive in order to produce new ideas and projects in critical and creative processes.
- collect information and data through individual and / or group work on topics related to English language, literature and culture by using current information technology and research methods and techniques and share this information and data in national and international education and training environments and other professional settings.
- examine literary and cultural texts in an interdisciplinary approach within the framework of contemporary theories.
- have the knowledge and skills necessary to teach subjects in English language, literature and culture in national and international settings.
- competently translate texts from English to Turkish and Turkish to English by developing translation strategies for different types of texts.
- perform independent research using problematical, creative and analytical thinking skills, solve problems, and express results using effective methods in national and international professional and social settings.
- adopt basic universal values and develop a non-prejudiced, respectful and open-minded attitude towards different languages, religions, gender and cultural identities.
- impart knowledge, communication skills, critical standpoint and flexibility acquired through the study of culture and literature to their professional and social lives.
- gain the ability to conduct scientific research, to evaluate resources and to write academic articles at the undergraduate level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Epics and Heroes
- Highlights of the American Literary Tradition
- Cultural Studies
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature
- Violence and War Literature
- The Outsider in Literature
- Comparative Literature
- Journey in Literature and Film
- Gender Studies
- Green Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 22 other Bachelors in Language Studies in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Passport (first page)
- High School Diploma (if not graduated yet, Graduation Certificate taken from the high school. The expected date of graduation and the expected graduation score must be stated on the certificate)
- An official high school transcript displaying the scores of courses taken in the last year
- Official copy of the exam/diploma/test results
- If granted financial support by an institution, an official letter from the institution stating the duration and amount of the financial support.
- Turkish High School Diploma/ ACT/ SAT Reasoning Test/ A diploma of International Baccalaureate with a minimum total score of 28 out of 45
- There is no need for English Proficiency results for applications to undergraduate programmes. After university registration, they take our own free English Assessment.
International9000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 USD per year during 48 months.
National9000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.