Studying both history and politics together gives you a very wide range of modules to choose from.
In this MA History and Politics (Hons) programme from University of Dundee, we teach social, cultural, and political history from the early modern period through to the present day, focusing in particular on the British Isles, Europe, the Americas, Africa, and India.
You'll use primary sources from the very beginning of your studies, and analyse various kinds of historical evidence, including written and oral materials, maps, visual images, feature films, art, and music.
Our current teaching includes optional modules on Russian, Irish, and Middle Eastern politics, nations and nationalism, political theories, and on human rights and humanitarian intervention. Topics such as illegal drugs, gender and sexuality, environmental sustainability, and surveillance are also covered.
Our course is designed to produce confident, intellectually engaged graduates, who can think creatively and independently, ask incisive questions, articulate their ideas, and solve complex problems. These are all attributes highly sought after by employers.
Our history graduates go on to work in industries including the media, the heritage industry, museums and archives, teaching, politics, the civil service, business, finance, the diplomatic service.
- The Rise of Atlantic Empires, 1500-1750
- Human Futures
- Age of Revolution, c.1750-1850
- The Globalizing World
- The Scottish Diaspora
- Women and Gender in Twentieth-Century Europe
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Political Science View 785 other Bachelors in Political Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Advanced Diploma: Grade B with ASL-A Level at B (level 1) Grade A with ASL-A Level at B (level 2)
- BTEC: A relevant BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with DDM (level 1) A relevant BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with DDD (level 2)
- European Baccalaureate: 70% overall (level 1) 75% overall (level 2)
- GCE-A Level: Standard: BBB Widening access: BCC (level 1) AAB (level 2)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: 30 points (level 1) 34 points (level 2)
- Scottish Baccalaureate: Pass with CC at Advanced Higher (level 1) Distinction with AB (level 2)
- SQA Higher/Advanced Higher: Standard: AABB at Higher / Widening access: BBBB at Higher (level 1) AB at Advanced Higher and BB at Higher (level 2)
- SQA Higher National: A relevant HNC with B in the Graded Unit (level 1) A relevant HND with BB in the Graded Units (level 2)
- Scottish Wider Access Programme (SWAP): Relevant subjects with ABB grades
- Welsh Baccalaureate: A-Levels at BB (level 1) A Levels at AA (level 2)
International19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.