The Sports Journalism (Hons) program offered by Staffordshire University helps you develop your sports news, feature writing and broadcasting skills. You’ll also receive essential technical training in editing and production techniques in preparation for work placement in a sports journalism environment.
You’ll study practical modules in our state-of-the-art newsrooms. These contain the latest industry-standard equipment. And you’ll be introduced to the practical skills of journalism, including the reporting of sports events using print, online, radio and TV.
You’ll be taught by experienced academics with an impressive network of contacts for you to access – perfect for securing an industry placement.
- Graduates from this course have progressed to careers within the BBC, ITV, Sky Sports, BT Sport, Eurosport, ESPN, Press Association, the FA, Premier League, the RFU, Rugby Football League, newspapers, professional football (including most of the Premier League clubs) and other sports like F1 and horse racing.
- Graduates from our Sports Journalism degree are employed throughout the world of sport, in all the major UK broadcast organisations and beyond (eg Eurosport and IMG Asia). Many of the 92 English professional football league clubs currently employ Staffordshire sports journalism graduates.
- Others work in sports PR, newspapers, agencies and digital sports media outlets. Those who decide not to pursue a career in the media apply their transferable skills within sectors such as teaching, retail and marketing.
- Media Law
- Journalism In Practice
- Sports Culture
- Sports Governance
- Sports Pr in Practice
- Writing for Sports
- Production Journalism
- Professional Sports Writing
- Sports Broadcasting
- Sports Pr Operations
- Magazine Writing And Business Practices
- Pr Campaigning
- Sports Features
- Sports Newsday
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The main deadline for applications is 29 January. You are encouraged to apply by then, however late applications are accepted through UCAS until 30 June.
DisciplinesJournalism Sports Sciences View 545 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Apply through UCAS
- Typical UCAS offer: 112 points
- A levels: BBC
- BTEC: DMM
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Stoke-on-Trent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.