The Journalism program of Suffolk University is tailored to your goals. You'll start by taking two foundation courses that focus on effective speaking, concise writing, and critical thinking and then courses in writing, online journalism, and media law. Next, you’ll gain specific knowledge and hands-on experience in journalism.
Areas of Study
- In the broadcast journalism concentration, you’ll gain invaluable experience in our capstone course Suffolk U News. Internships are also vital. Suffolk students regularly work at New England Cable News, PBS, and the local affiliates of NBC, CBS, and ABC, and Fox News and ESPN.
- If you choose the print/web journalism concentration, you’ll gain universal skills that can be applied in print and online, including reporting, feature writing, criticism, and copy editing. Our students regularly intern at The Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Boston Magazine, and Metro newspapers, among other print outlets, as well as for a wide variety of online news and sports publications.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Oral Communication
- Visual Aesthetics
- Media Law
- Broadcast Journalism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism View 438 other Masters in Journalism in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Suffolk Application and a $50 application fee
- Essay/personal statement
- Official high school transcript or GED/HiSET results
- Letter of recommendation
- Official College/University Transcripts (in English or with official translation) from all institutions attended.
- Proof of English Proficiency Option
International41242 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20621 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National41242 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20621 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.