Why study Biomedical Sciences (Hons) programme at Bournemouth University ?
- Study strategies of research, new discoveries and principles of new technologies for more effective analysis and precise interpretations of health and disease
- Understand the theories, concepts and principles relevant to different disciplines in biomedical sciences as well as the wider application of these to address societal needs
- Develop skills to evaluate scientific literature to understand how evidence-based decisions are made in biomedical sciences and how to conduct your own biomedical science research
- Complete a 30-week placement in year three to experience some essential and fascinating insights for your future career
- Explore different techniques for developing medicine and how they are used to treat illness in the human body in our new state-of-the-art laboratory facilities.
Career opportunities in Biomedical Sciences
Biomedical science is a rapidly growing area of study and graduates are highly sought after by a diverse range of organisations, not only medical, but those involved in other scientific and related technical research and development.
We expect most of our graduates will want to progress their particular area of interest, either by making an original contribution to knowledge in their field by further postgraduate study, or by working in a diagnostic, pharmaceutical or research organisation.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Immunology
- Advanced Skills for Biomedical Science
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Advanced Systems Biology
Foundation Year modules:
- Academic Study Skills
- Applied Sciences
- Introduction to Biology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Mathematics in Science
- Foundation Year Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Sciences View 305 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
Foundation Year Entry Requirements: 48 - 72 UCAS tariff points.
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.
Please see below some examples of the international qualifications for entry onto Year 1 for September 2022 entry:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Fees are for 2022 entry. Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course. Fees during your placement year (if applicable): £1,850
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.