This Nutrition Science course from University of Tasmania also provides clear career pathways for graduates seeking employment or postgraduate study in the area of Nutrition and Dietetics to deliver a high quality health service in a variety of settings.
Learn to create, plan and communicate high quality healthcare and health research and learn about the psychology behind health and lifestyle choices of communities that impact their connection to food. You will also learn about the security and access to food, and the social responsibility of a nutritionist.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Nutrition Science will be well prepared for careers requiring knowledge of nutrition and health, and will be well suited to careers in areas including
- Health educator or counsellor
- Health promotion and communication officer
- Case manager
- Health service planning
- Community engagement
- Community development
- Food policy
- Food regulation
- Quality assurance and control
- Food laboratories and research institutes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Health: Determinants and Analysis
- Human Nutrition
- Nutrition Through the Lifecycle
- Nutritional Assessment
- Nutrition and Disease
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health and Wellbeing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended that students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 345 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 098361J
Admission to undergraduate courses at the University of Tasmania requires the completion of qualifications equivalent to a 12th year of education in Australia.
You can also meet the General Entry Requirement for this course with the following qualifications or prior studies:
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics Specialisation),
- Certificate IV in Food Science and Technology,
- Certificate IV in Fitness,
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health,
- Certificate IV in Ageing Support,
- Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques,
- Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care Practice,
- Certificate IV in Hospital/Health Services Pharmacy Support,
- Certificate IV in Community Pharmacy
- Complete or incomplete (minimum 25 credit points) of previous tertiary study at Bachelor level or higher
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32046 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 96138 AUD for the full programme during 36 months.
Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.