Students regularly attend public lectures and conferences on global affairs at NYC-based international organizations such as the United Nations. Professors organize special visits and theme-based class trips to the United Nations Development Program, the UN Security Council and UN-linked advocacy groups. An exciting part of the political science curriculum, the Harvard Model U.N. permits students to gain first-hand experience at the processes of conference diplomacy and negotiation that characterize international politics.
And our Guarini Institute for Government and Leadership regularly brings top names from global, federal, state and local politics to campus for lectures and workshops.
From local advocacy to world affairs, at Saint Peter’s you can master the road from political theory to practice.
It is the mission of the Political Science program at Saint Peter's University, broadly stated, to prepare our students to be knowledgeable, politically active, and ethical citizens not only in their local community, but also their country, and as members of an increasingly global society. To prepare our students to attain this goal necessitates the teaching of a science of politics; i.e., a rigorous, questioning, and probing analysis of what Madison (See quote above) right calls “the common affairs of the people”. While the faculty of the department recognizes that the life paths of our students are likely to lead them into professional fields which are not viewed as being closely related to the specific study of politics, we seek to give our students a basic foundation in the four disciplines of the study of politics. – American politics, comparative politics, international politics, and political theory and social justice. It is the shared view of the department’s faculty that through this scientific grounding we can best assure the completion of our mission.
- Perspectives on Politics
- Research Methods in Political Science
- American Government
- Political Science course with American Politics designation
- Political Science course with Political Theory designation
- Political Science course with Comparative Politics designation
- Political Science course with International Relations designation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Philosophy & Ethics Political Science View 1057 other Bachelors in International Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Saint Peter's University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Academic transcripts with English Translation from all high schools attended.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Short essay or personal statement (included in the application but may be sent separately).
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, school official, coach, or community service coordinator.
- Completed application form
- Official high school transcript, or GED score report; strongly recommend senior grades (check in with your counselor if you are able. We can accept emailed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org from your school counselors or other school official)
- Official SAT or ACT scores or test-optional essay
International38790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38790 USD per year during 48 months.
National38790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38790 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Jersey City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.