Students under this major learn how the peoples and civilizations of the world developed into their current standing, as well as how to relate to these peoples and civilizations through the biblical understanding provided by their foundational studies. The Social Science major also prepares students for both graduate studies and related careers.
The goal of the Social Science major at Simpson University is to educate students in multiple areas of human history in conjunction with biblical understanding. Students in the Social Science program have the opportunity to develop under the tutelage of our highly skilled history department as they learn alongside students with the same goals and aspirations, allowing them to leave Simpson having built upon their foundation of historical and social understanding firm relationships with their professors, their peers, and their God.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World Regional Geography
- U.S. History to 1877
- U.S. History from 1877
- The Historian's Craft
- History of California
- Selected Topics in Historiography
- Senior Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 1352 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- 3.0 minimum unweighted High School GPA
- 910 SAT score (Math and Critical Reading combined) OR 17 ACT composite score
- Must have graduated from high school or earned an equivalent (GED)
- Submit your online application ($35 non-refundable application fee)
- Submit a spiritual reference (online or by paper)
- Submit official secondary or high school transcripts
- Submit official ACT, SAT, or TOEFL score
- SAT: Minimum of 401 on critical reading section
- ACT: Minimum of 16 on English section
- TOEFL: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79 internet-based
- Submit official college transcripts (if applicable)
International31180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31180 USD per year during 48 months.
National31180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31180 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Redding
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Simpson University institutional aid is given as scholarships to undergraduate students based on academic merit, talent, personal or family involvement in Christian ministry, and high levels of need as determined by the FAFSA. Institutional aid requirements must be met in order for a student to receive any of the institutional scholarships listed below.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.