It is difficult to reach out to people if you cannot understand their ways of life. As a student in the cross-cultural studies program you have opportunity to develop skills in understanding others. You will first develop a broad understanding of cultural anthropology, cross-cultural communication, religions, language acquisition, theology, ministry, business, and transformational community development. Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is also offered as a cross-cultural concentration.
Students may also take the opportunity to participate in the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities overseas study programs. As a capstone, students are required to successfully complete a cross-cultural internship.
The Cross-Cultural Studies major at Simpson University prepares students for vocations in missions, international community development, business as mission, and Teaching English as a Second Language.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Economics
- Intro to Psychology
- Religions of the World
- Intro to Sociology
- Cultural Anthropology
- Doing Theology in Context
- Contemporary Issues in World Mission
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 807 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- 3.0 minimum unweighted High School GPA
- 910 SAT score (Math and Critical Reading combined) OR 17 ACT composite score
- Must have graduated from high school or earned an equivalent (GED)
- Submit your online application ($35 non-refundable application fee)
- Submit a spiritual reference (online or by paper)
- Submit official secondary or high school transcripts
- Submit official ACT, SAT, or TOEFL score
- SAT: Minimum of 401 on critical reading section
- ACT: Minimum of 16 on English section
- TOEFL: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79 internet-based
- Submit official college transcripts (if applicable)
International31180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31180 USD per year during 48 months.
National31180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31180 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Redding
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Simpson University institutional aid is given as scholarships to undergraduate students based on academic merit, talent, personal or family involvement in Christian ministry, and high levels of need as determined by the FAFSA. Institutional aid requirements must be met in order for a student to receive any of the institutional scholarships listed below.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.