You’ll choose either the primary education degree route or our specialist distance learning Montessori pathway:
- Apply here for the BA (Hons) Primary Education (Accelerated Degree) Montessori
You’ll earn a degree in two years and be primed to undertake a qualification to achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
As part of this course you’ll:
- Combine independent research with collaborative workshops
- Explore contemporary issues such as inclusion, child development and the political nature of education
- Develop your confidence, apply your learning and sharpen your teaching expertise through professional experiences
On the Montessori pathway, you’ll:
- Gain an understanding of the challenges, complexities and rewards of Montessori primary education
- Develop your professional identity as an emerging Montessori practitioner, working with children across the 3-11-year age range
- Understand how children learn from a psychological, philosophical and sociological perspective
- Observe Montessorian practice and develop your own professional approach to teaching and learning
- Develop models of best practice by creating inclusive, favourable and enabling environments
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- How Children Learn: Psychology & Development
- Curriculum Studies
- Engaging Teaching & Learning
- Professional Experience
- Educational Thought & Thinking about Education
- My Development
- Identity in Primary Education
- Social Perspectives of Primary Education
- Critical Perspectives on Issues in Primary Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 82 other Bachelors in Primary Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCSE English Language at Grade C or above (Grade 4 for those sitting their GCSE from 2017 onwards) or equivalent. Key Skills Level 2, Functional Skills Level 2 and the Certificate in Adult Literacy are accepted in place of GCSEs.
- 24 Points
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National10300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10300 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.