While most students enter the program with intentions to pursue medicine and pharmacy, the major prepares students for admission to an array of health care professional schools, including: medicine, pharmacy, optometry, dentistry, veterinary sciences, chiropractic, physician assistant and physical therapy. Additionally, with this major students can gain admission to master’s and doctoral programs in chemistry and biology.
Careers for a Biology-Chemistry (Pre-medicine) Major at Manchester University:
- Physician Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The biology-chemistry major is a joint major involving the Biology and Chemistry Departments at Manchester University.
- It provides a strong, broad-based, interdisciplinary background in science that prepares students for a variety of career paths, including the professional areas of medicine, optometry, pharmacy, dentistry and veterinary science, as well as graduate programs leading to master’s or doctorate degrees in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular and cell biology and organismic biology.
- Additional options include entry level employment in the fields of biology, chemistry or biochemistry.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Human Medicine View 2043 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An official TOEFL, IELTS, or SAT I score
- Official or certified copies of national exams
- Evidence of financial support
- Letter of Recommendation
- Certified copies of marks, grades, transcripts
International32366 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32366 USD per year during 48 months.
National32366 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32366 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.