Academic preparation is grounded in research-based problem solving and experiential education through studio instruction, service learning, and internships that encompass a variety of cultural, environmental, and historical perspectives. The Interior Architecture and Design program from Colorado State University has a longstanding accreditation by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA), recognizing the highest academic standards established by the profession.
Students seeking to apply to the Interior Architecture and Design major at CSU first are admitted to CSU as Pre-Interior Architecture and Design. All students who wish to be considered for admission to Interior Architecture and Design (IAD) major will be required to complete the Interior Architecture and Design Scenario practicum.
Selective advancement into the major is based on the review received at the IAD Scenario, where external reviewers will assess student competencies in writing for design, sketching, problem-solving, and conceptual frameworks. A cohort of approximately 50-60 students advances based on performance on the IAD Design Scenario. The IAD Design Scenario occurs annually in the spring semester. See the Department of Design and Merchandising for more information regarding the Interior Architecture and Design Scenario.
Students are prepared to practice interior architecture/interior design with competency in design fundamentals, space planning and programming, code compliance, lighting, materials research, project management, and professional practices in the design of diverse interior spaces.
Graduates seek employment in interior design and architecture firms as residential, corporate, retail, health care, institutional, education, and hospitality designers. Graduates also work in lighting design, product development, marketing, research, design-related journalism, illustration, facility management, showroom management, and as manufacturers’ representatives.
Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lighting Design
- Interior Architecture and Design Technologies
- Interior Materials and Products
- Codes-Health and Safety
- History of Interior Architecture and Design
- Evidence-based Design Theory
- Historic Textiles
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 216 other Bachelors in Interior Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students apply using the Common Application.
- Personal Statement - What we call a “personal statement” is called the “personal essay” in the Common Application. This short writing piece is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique, to share a talent or element of your identity that’s important to you, to describe what you are passionate about, or to highlight an accomplishment you’re proud of.
- Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary.
- All decisions are provisional until a final, official transcript verifying graduation is received.
- Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- If a record is not in English, a certified literal English translation must accompany the transcript.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
National32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12874 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12874 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.