The Nutrition and Food Science, Nutrition and Fitness Concentration at Colorado State University prepares students for employment as nutrition and fitness counselors and personal lifestyle coaches in health care settings, commercial establishments, public health settings, or private practice.
The curriculum blends a strong science base with course work in exercise science, nutrition, teaching, and counseling.
Students will demonstrate:
- Ability to identify nutrition-related public health problems, integrate information from basic nutrition sciences, critically analyze data, and develop appropriate conclusions
- Discipline-specific knowledge, skills, and competencies needed in the field of dietetics and nutrition. Examples include knowledge of medical nutrition therapy; nutrition and metabolism; program planning, monitoring, and evaluation; management in school nutrition programs and long-term care; food safety; and the role of food in the promotion of health
- Competent application of nutrition knowledge and skills in a work environment, including an ability to calculate and/or define diets for various health/disease conditions, screen individuals for nutritional risk, determine nutrient requirements across the lifespan, and calculate enteral and parental nutrition formulations; determine costs of services/ operations, interpret financial data, and prepare a budget
Participation in community outreach, internships, volunteer activities, or cooperative education opportunities is highly recommended to enhance career planning, skills, and development. Graduates who go on for advanced studies can attain more responsible leadership positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
Some examples of career opportunities include, but are not limited to: dietitian or nutritionist in health care, hospitals, long-term care, schools, state or county health agencies, health clubs, corporate wellness programs, grocery stores/food chains, or private practice; community nutritionist; biomedical scientist; restaurant manager; caterer; quality assurance specialist; food scientist; food inspector; food technologist, food plant manager; food service manager in hospitals, schools, or long-term care. As of February 2019, the median salary for registered dietitians is $60,999, and the salary range is $55,525-$67,029.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Animal Biology
- Animal Biology Laboratory
- Attributes of Living Systems
- General Chemistry
- Business Computing Concepts and Applications
- Personal Computing
- Survey of Human Nutrition
- Numerical Trigonometry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Sports Sciences View 1134 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
National32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12874 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12874 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.