In this Computer Forensics and Security programme from Leeds Beckett University you’ll gain expertise in the use of digital forensic techniques and analysis through tools used in industry such as Encase and XRY, and open source variants such as Autopsy and FTK Imager.
If you join the university’s Ethical Hacking Society, you’ll explore the very latest developments in digital security and attend talks from industry experts to enhance your learning.
As part of this course, you’ll:
- Complete an extra year of specialist study to achieve a masters qualification
- Combine expertise in two fields of national importance
- Analyse digital devices, such as hard drives, in computer forensics modules to identify and investigate their contents
- Learn to use your knowledge of computer systems and networks to protect businesses and users from malicious attacks in computer security modules
- Learn practical investigative and 'hacking' techniques
- Learn through practical applications on our bespoke Hacktivity system that replicates real-world business systems and potential attacks
As part of our Cybercrime and Security Innovation Centre, teaching staff on your course work with West Yorkshire Police to develop new ways of fighting cybercrime. This partnership will give you access to cutting-edge research and industry contacts, and an invaluable insight into the real-world applications of computer security.
Your future career is our business. That's why we offer further study opportunities across all our subject areas. Our postgraduate courses are a great way to enhance the skills you have already learnt, benefit from our links with industry and give you a CV that will catch the eye of employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Forensics & Security
- Website Development
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Computer Communications
- Computer Forensic Processing
- Digital Security Landscapes
- Digital Forensic Analysis
- Web & Network Security
- Team Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesForensic Science Computer Sciences Cyber Security View 168 other Masters in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Selection Criteria
- International baccalaureate
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.