Sociology is about people, institutions, and behaviors. It is about social interactions and social structures. The task of the sociologist, therefore, is to stand back from common sense views of the world and understand the structure and processes of a society as a whole, including global societies.
Environmental sociology is about translating these tasks into analysis and action around environmental issues. Some of the pressing contemporary environmental issues to which environmental sociology can be applied are: transboundary pollution, climate change, biodiversity loss, and water and soil degradation.
Students of this Sociology, Environmental Sociology Concentration at Colorado State University will find the concentration helpful in preparing them for a growing number of jobs that have a focus in environmentally related matters.
Careers are exceptionally varied. Participating in internships and cooperative education opportunities is highly recommended to enhance practical training and development. Sociology graduates apply their education to a large variety of occupations in the non-profit, private, and public sectors.
Because Sociology graduates possess a number of transferable communication, analytical, and people skills, they find positions in government, industry, and academia. Many employers appreciate liberal arts majors for their multiple skills and their ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and work environments. Graduates who go on to advanced studies can pursue careers in sociology or attain advanced positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- College Composition
- General Sociology
- Social Problems
- Global Environmental Issues
- Quantitative Sociological Analysis
- Development of Sociological Thought
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Environmental Sciences View 1496 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.