The major core focuses on developing students’ understanding and appreciation of the mathematical sciences, problem solving skills, and their ability to combine knowledge and skills in productive ways. Core mathematics subjects include calculus and advanced calculus, linear algebra, methods of proof, abstract algebra, computer programming, and statistics.
- Obtain a solid background in theoretical mathematics and will be able to participate in mathematical work in a variety of fields or continue on to graduate school.
- Be able to apply a range of mathematical and statistical tools to a diverse set of problems as presented to them in either employment or the pursuit of further education.
- Be capable of describing their mathematical assumptions and results to colleagues.
The Mathematics major prepares students for a wide variety of occupations in business, industry, government, and education. Actuarial science graduates who have passed the first two professional actuary exams can expect to find positions with excellent entry-level salaries.
Applied mathematics graduates continue to find employment opportunities in government and private industry. Many pursue advanced degrees in mathematics, computational science, or engineering. About one-third of general mathematics graduates continue on to graduate school in mathematics or other disciplines, with the rest finding employment in a large variety of capacities.
Education students spend a semester teaching a classroom and have excellent job placement. Participation in internships, volunteer activities, or cooperative education opportunities is highly recommended to enhance practical training and development. Graduates who continue to pursue advanced degrees can attain more responsible positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Calculus for Physical Scientists
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Linear Algebra
- Culture and Coding
- Mathematical Algorithms in C
- Mathematical Algorithms in Matlab
- Mathematical Algorithms in Maple
- Principles of Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 2203 other Bachelors in Mathematics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.