There are four concentrations: Asian Studies, European Studies, Latin American Studies, and Middle East and North African Studies. Courses are required in foreign language, geography, political science, economics, history, and international studies, with other elective courses chosen from these and many more disciplines across the college and university.
The International Studies - Middle East and North African Studies major is offered at Colorado State University .
Graduates of the International Studies major will demonstrate that they are competent and capable in:
- Writing effectively about the themes of International Studies and related fields
- Communicating cross-culturally through written and oral expression
- Thinking critically about international issues
- Applying an interdisciplinary approach to knowledge
Graduates in International Studies apply their education in a wide variety of careers, including those in international business, non-profit organizations, academics, public policy, law, government, city planning, engineering, environmental sustainability and clean energy, information systems, journalism, publishing, education, sales and marketing, management and administration, artistic production, mass media, communications, museums, entertainment, foreign service, and many other areas in need of intelligent, well-rounded, and broadly world-educated people.
Some International Studies graduates enter graduate or professional schools for more specialized study in either international studies or one of many other disciplines. To enhance their career opportunities, majors are encouraged to consider participating in paid or volunteer work or internship opportunities, and to study abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Hellenistic World: Alexander to Cleopatra
- Africa: Precolonial States and Empires
- Modern Africa
- South African History
- East African History
- Ancient Israel
- Sacred History in the Bible and the Qur'an
- Muhammad and the Origins of Islam
- Jihad and Reform in Islamic History
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Islamic Studies View 73 other Bachelors in Islamic Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.