The Major in Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts from Colorado State University is a B.A. degree program combining humanities, arts, languages, performance, media, communication, literature, and social sciences so as to foster interdisciplinary knowledge, core career competencies, personal development, professional excellence, interpersonal confidence and expertise, and a richer understanding of the complex world in which we live.
Students will demonstrate the following skills:
- Writing effectively about the knowledge and perspectives of their field of study
- Speaking effectively, including
- Communicating information effectively, including
- Thinking critically about contemporary issues, particularly within various interdisciplinary perspectives and contexts, including
- Working collaboratively with others, employing
- Problem-solving and innovation in real-world contexts and existing realities
Graduates in Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts apply their education in a wide variety of careers and/or academic professions, including public policy, politics, healthcare, artistic production, mass media, engineering, law, city planning, business, information systems, international business, journalism, publishing, education, sales and marketing, management and administration, government, communications, museum work, entertainment, foreign service, and many others. Many continue on to graduate or professional schools for more specialized study.
To enhance their career, academic or professional opportunities, majors are encouraged to participate in paid or volunteer work or internship opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Lives-Methods in American Studies
- History of Theory-Anthropology and Geography
- History of American Art to 1945
- Art of West and Central Africa
- Pre-Columbian Art of Mesoamerica
- Women in Art History
- United States Art 1945-1980
- Art of the Pacific
- Greek Art
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts View 2212 other Bachelors in Liberal Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.