Students in the Environmental Horticulture - Landscape Design and Contracting major at Colorado State University will develop skills to provide environmental solutions, creating projects that minimize the impact on the environment.
They also acquire skills to manage multifaceted projects of all scales, including site design, estimating of job and labor costs, construction methods and techniques, plant selection and care, as well as business management skills. Experiential learning opportunities lead to projects allowing our students to work with clients and realize built works prior to graduating. Additionally, students are required to complete an internship, furthering their learning opportunities.
Graduates of the Environmental Horticulture major will find career opportunities in a multitude of fields in the green industry.
Emerging demand for environmental solutions and green technologies will position our students for careers in a wide variety of areas including: landscape design and construction, sports turf management, retail and wholesale nursery and garden center management; golf course superintendence, arborists, plant propagation, landscape project management, landscape management, landscape estimating, green industry account management, irrigation design and water resource management, arboriculture, botanic gardens or arboreta, or landscape business management and entrepreneurship.
This concentration is fully accredited by the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation to Agricultural Systems
- Transfer Seminar
- Business Computing Concepts and Applications
- Personal Computing
- Fundamentals of Chemistry
- College Composition
- Horticultural Science
- Fundamentals of Accounting
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Landscape Architecture Horticulture View 148 other Bachelors in Landscape Architecture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.