Our BME+CBE pathway has an emphasis on process engineering and also prepares students in diagnosing and/or treating diseases (e.g. cancer or tuberculosis), using medical devices that incorporate biology or chemistry (e.g. blood oxygenators or biocompatible materials in advanced wound-healing techniques), or working with advanced BME technologies such as artificial organs including skin.
The Biomedical Engineering with Electrical Engineering - Lasers and Optical Engineering program from Colorado State University is designed to be very transdisciplinary and to integrate the traditional engineering major with biomedical engineering. There are many hands-on applications in the classes and labs. Your senior design project will bring all this together in a team-project environment that will give you more hands-on and integrated experiences with the BME bachelor’s degree.
At the master’s level, students traditionally pursue research based on the adviser’s projects, which also provides depth. This option leaves it up to you to integrate your courses of study. Either way you go, you would be well-prepared to apply for a PhD program.
What is biomedical engineering?
Biomedical engineering is the application of engineering and biology principles to improve human health. Here at Colorado State University, the School of Biomedical Engineering combines strengths in veterinary medicine, engineering, and the sciences to provide an interdisciplinary focus on improving health, fighting disease, and aiding persons with disabilities. Our research areas and interests focus on three areas: medical devices and therapeutics, imaging and diagnostics, and regenerative and rehabilitative medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Circuit Theory Applications
- Calculus for Physical Scientists
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers
- Problem-Based Learning Biomedical Engr Lab
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Electrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 522 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 60 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.