In the first two years, you’ll take introductory biomedical engineering courses, as well as foundational math and science courses. The third and fourth years solidify expertise in traditional engineering while building strength in biomedical engineering and physical sciences courses. Your fifth year culminates in a hands-on project with an interdisciplinary team of peers, and you’ll leave the program with two engineering degrees.
Graduates in the Biomedical Engineering with Chemical and Biological Engineering degree from Colorado State University will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a multidisciplinary team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
- an ability to apply principles of engineering, biology, human physiology, chemistry, calculus-based physics, mathematics (through differential equations), and statistics;
- an ability to solve bio/biomedical engineering problems, including those associated with the interaction between living and non-living systems;
- an ability to analyze, model, design, and realize bio/biomedical engineering devices, systems, components, or processes; and
- an ability to make measurements on and interpret data from living systems
Biomedical engineering applies engineering principles to medicine and improving quality of life for humans and animals. Biomedical engineers work in a variety of settings. Some biomedical engineers spend their days in the lab, researching new devices and systems that solve medical and health care-related problems. Others might work in clinical settings, run biomedical-focused enterprises, design/manufacture new therapies or diagnostics, assist medical facilities with engineering equipment, processes and/or systems, or engage in regulatory affairs or patent law. Our graduates are well prepared for careers in research, education, or industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Material and Energy Balances
- Fundamentals of Biological Engineering
- Thermodynamic Process Analysis
- Modern Organic Chemistry
- Modern Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- College Composition (GT-CO2)
- Calculus for Physical Scientists
- Ordinary Differential Equations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 2481 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Colorado State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All first-year freshman students apply using the Common Application.
- Personal Statement - What we call a “personal statement” is called the “personal essay” in the Common Application. This short writing piece is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique, to share a talent or element of your identity that’s important to you, to describe what you are passionate about, or to highlight an accomplishment you’re proud of.
- Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary.
- All decisions are provisional until a final, official transcript verifying graduation is received.
- Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- If a record is not in English, a certified literal English translation must accompany the transcript.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 60 months.
National32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12874 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12874 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Bachelor's scholarship opportunities for Biomedical Engineering with Chemical and Biological Engineering.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.