The Biochemistry - Health and Medical Sciences program from Colorado State University is geared toward students interested in a number of health professions including, but not limited to, medicine, veterinary, dentistry, physician assistant and physical therapy.
Students will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts of chemistry, biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, and cellular biology
- Critically analyze, and present the methods, results, and conclusions of scientific papers in the current biochemical literature, and orally present technical material in a clear and comprehensible form
- Use a variety of laboratory instruments and techniques, interpret experimental results, and design new experiments
- Demonstrate the ability to perform original research in biochemistry and molecular biology
Possible career opportunities include, but are not limited to: process research technician, production/quality assurance lab technician, biomedical/pharmaceutical researcher or salesperson, molecular biologist, biophysicist, cytologist, toxicologist, crime scene investigator, industrial hygienist, dairy technologist, environmental analyst, hygienist, chemist, wastewater treatment chemist, food and drug inspector, museum technician, teacher, writer, fisheries biologist, research analyst, and medical or clinical lab technologist.
Many biochemistry majors go on to earn higher degrees in graduate school or health care related professional schools, leading to careers in medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, or law.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry Lab
- College Composition
- Attributes of Living Systems
- Genetics: Molecular/Immunological/Developmental
- Genetics Laboratory
- Modern Organic Chemistry
- Eukaryotic Cell Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences Biochemistry View 3156 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students apply using the Common Application.
- Personal Statement - What we call a “personal statement” is called the “personal essay” in the Common Application. This short writing piece is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique, to share a talent or element of your identity that’s important to you, to describe what you are passionate about, or to highlight an accomplishment you’re proud of.
- Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary.
- All decisions are provisional until a final, official transcript verifying graduation is received.
- Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- If a record is not in English, a certified literal English translation must accompany the transcript.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
National32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12874 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12874 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.