In the Horticulture - Horticultural Business Management major at Colorado State University , students choose a special emphasis, or take an array of courses that may lead to greater job opportunities. Graduates have the knowledge to manage a horticulture business or work in market-associated positions.
Opportunities exist in the sale of facilities, plant material, equipment, and supplies involved in all aspects of horticulture, or as buyers of horticulture products in the U.S. or in international markets.
With careful selection of business courses, Horticulture - Horticultural Business Management graduates from Colorado State University can complete a minor in Business Administration with one additional course.
Horticulture is both a production and service industry. Well-educated horticulturists have the best opportunity for obtaining positions and moving up in the industry. The industry will be looking for professionals who can manage greenhouses, nurseries, and floral outlets, buy and sell supplies, plant material, and equipment, or edit journals and newsletters.
Meeting the nutritional needs of the world population is an important challenge. Researchers are needed to develop improved fruit and vegetable varieties.
Other professionals are needed to improve production and transportation methods and to develop and market better fertilizers. Within this field, students can exercise their talents and interests in computers, construction, engineering, chemistry, physics, social services, or business management.
Participation in internships and cooperative education opportunities is highly recommended to enhance practical training and development. Graduates who go on for advanced studies can attain more responsible positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry
- Plant Propagation
- Public Speaking
- Business Computing Concepts and Applications
- Personal Computing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Horticulture View 89 other Bachelors in Horticulture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.