With an emphasis on rich processes, conceptual problem-solving, and technical proficiency, students of the Art - Graphic Design program from Colorado State University are able to create effective expressions of visual communication in a variety of print and digital media. Experimental explorations of typography, illustration, and design systems are expected from participants of the program, as well as applications of design that address social impact and awareness.
Design theory, history, and professional practices are discussed regularly with faculty. Projects and activities are designed to prepare students for the varied challenges and opportunities for professionals in visual communications.
Art graduates possess a number of transferable communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills appropriate for work in traditional business as well as positions in academia and roles as freelance artists, graphic designers, art educators, art historians, studio fine artists and as “creatives” in government and industry.
Many employers appreciate art majors for their multiple skills and their ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and work environments. Participation in internships, cooperative education, and service learning opportunities is highly recommended to enhance practical training and development. Graduates who go on for advanced studies can attain more responsible positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations--Time and Structure
- Photo Image Making
- Intermediate Drawing
- Metalsmithing and Jewelry
- Printmaking -Intaglio and Relief
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 2720 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students apply using the Common Application.
- Personal Statement - What we call a “personal statement” is called the “personal essay” in the Common Application. This short writing piece is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique, to share a talent or element of your identity that’s important to you, to describe what you are passionate about, or to highlight an accomplishment you’re proud of.
- Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary.
- All decisions are provisional until a final, official transcript verifying graduation is received.
- Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- If a record is not in English, a certified literal English translation must accompany the transcript.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
National32734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32734 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12874 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12874 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.