Students applying to the Apparel and Merchandising - Apparel Design and Production major at Colorado State University are accepted first into the Apparel and Merchandising major.
Full acceptance into the Apparel Design and Production concentration requires passing the portfolio review held in the spring semester and a minimum 2.500 GPA. Industry professionals in the field of apparel design and manufacturing evaluate student portfolios. Each year, the 20 to 25 students who receive the highest scores on the portfolio evaluation are accepted into the Apparel Design and Production concentration, and they become eligible to enroll in apparel design and production courses.
Career options for Apparel Design and Production graduates include, but are not limited to: apparel and fashion designer, computer-aided design (CAD) manager, creative director, design director, fashion illustrator, fashion magazine editorial contributor, fashion stylist, pattern-maker, technical designer, and trend/fashion forecaster.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Patternmaking I - Flat Pattern
- Fashion Illustration
- Clothing, Adornment and Human Behavior (GT-SS3)
- Merchandising Processes
- Product Development
- Patternmaking II - Draping
- Consumers in the Marketplace
- Public Speaking
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Commerce View 168 other Bachelors in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.