The undergraduate program in Economics - Mathematics teaches students to think critically and become creative problems solvers. University of Southern California Economics is the largest major in Dornsife College. Students pursue careers in business, finance and the public sector.
The learning objectives for economics majors include:
- Developing critical thinking skills and the ability to write persuasively and communicate ideas clearly
- An understanding of fundamental concepts of microeconomics and macroeconomics theory
- Basic knowledge in statistical methods for analyzing economic data, specifically the application of probability theory, random variables and probability distributions, sampling, estimation, statistical inference.
- Ability to use econometric methods to estimate economic relationships using regression analysis, test hypotheses involving economic behavior, and forecast economic variables.
- Utilize economic theory to better understand and shape social practices, political policy, financial marketplaces, and business models.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Economic Development of the Middle East
- Current Problems of the American Economy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics View 1749 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.