- The B.S.H. Community and Public Health Major at Ohio University's goal is to improve quality of life and reduce health care costs/expenditures. A health educator is responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of health programs. In addition to these responsibilities, a health educator is expected to coordinate health programs and serve as a resource in the community.
Upon completion of the Community and Public Health program:
- Students will be able to describe factors affecting health issues from a social-ecological perspective.
- Students will be able to describe how epidemiological data are used to assist in health needs assessment and planning.
- Students will be able to describe how to assess needs, assets and capacity for community health among target audiences.
- Students will be able to develop theory-based community health programs that are responsive to health needs.
- Students will be able to describe how to implement theory-based community health programs.
- Students will be able to describe how to evaluate theory-based community health programs.
- Students will be able to develop a community health grant proposal.
- Students will be able to integrate professional community health application with their knowledge of community health.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- Students who pursue a degree in community and public health at Ohio University are likely to be employed in a variety of health settings, such as health departments, work sites, hospitals, voluntary health agencies, community-based organizations or governmental organizations (such as CDC).
- As a community and public health major, a student is qualified to design, implement, and evaluate health education/promotion programs in any of the previously mentioned settings. Many of our undergraduates continue their education by obtaining the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) certification and a Master of Public Health (MPH) or related degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Health Education
- Medical Terminology
- Health Behavior Theory in Public and Community Health
- Community Health Epidemiology
- Grant Writing for Public Health Sciences
- Program Planning and Implementation in Community Health
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 691 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.