The B.S. Neuroscience Major offered by Ohio University, offered through the Honors Tutorial College, provides students with a solid interdisciplinary foundation and allows them to pursue their individual interests in diverse areas including behavioral, cellular, cognitive, molecular, psychological, and quantitative neuroscience. The program aims to provide maximum flexibility while ensuring that students are fully prepared for admission into graduate or professional school.
Students are selected by the director of studies of the neuroscience tutorial program and the Honors Tutorial College on the basis of superior ability and sustained motivation. We look for excellent scores on standardized tests (30 composite score on the ACT or a combined score of 1300 on the SAT) and an excellent high school record (class standing in the top 10%).
To allow for personalized evaluation, recommendations from two high school teachers, including one science or math teacher, as well as an interview with the director of studies, are required for acceptance into our program. The personalized aspects of the tutorial system occasionally make it possible for us to accept students who have not performed well on standardized measures of ability but who demonstrate exceptional aptitude in other ways.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
The Neuroscience major at Ohio University will fulfill the admission requirements for graduate work or professional school (e.g., medicine, veterinary medicine, physical therapy, etc.). Coursework will be tailored for individual students so that they meet the prerequisites for their graduate program of interest.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Sciences: Molecules and Cells
- General Genetics
- Fundamentals of Animal Cell Biology
- Principles of Physiology
- Human Neuroscience
- Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Neuroscience View 2540 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- To allow for personalized evaluation, recommendations from two high school teachers, including one science or math teacher, as well as an interview with the director of studies, are required for acceptance into our program. The personalized aspects of the tutorial system occasionally make it possible for us to accept students who have not performed well on standardized measures of ability but who demonstrate exceptional aptitude in other ways. The priority deadline for application for admission is November 15th, and admission interviews are held in January.
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams. International Baccalaureate Curriculum
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.