Biology (Emphasis in Secondary Education) at Boise State University provides students with the intellectual and technical skills to succeed in a multitude of careers (e.g., medicine, forensics, genetics, laboratory sciences, natural resources management, animal biology, plant biology, etc.). Students gain an understanding of living organisms, of how organisms interact with their environment, and of the process of biological investigation.
The curriculum provides students with a knowledge base in molecular, cellular, organismal, ecological, and evolutionary biology, as well as allowing emphasis in the cellular, molecular and biomedical area, the ecology, evolution, and behavior area, and the secondary education field.
- Stream Ecology
- Behavioral Ecology
- Principles of Fisheries and Wildlife Management
- Ecosystem Ecology
- Developmental Biology
- Advanced Topics in Aquatic Ecology
- Advanced Topics in Animal Behavior
- Advanced Topics in Genetic Analysis
- Plant Anatomy and Microtechnique
- Systematic Botany
- Plant Physiology
- Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Pathogenic Bacteriology
- General Parasitology
- Microbial Physiology
- Molecular Biology of Cancer
- Molecular Neurobiology
- Inquiry-based Lesson Design
- Knowing & Learning in Math & Science
- Perspectives on Science and Mathematics
- Classroom Interactions
- Research Methods
- Project-based Instruction
- Apprentice Teaching
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Biology Genetics View 969 other Bachelors in Genetics in United States
- Online application
- $85 application fee (non-refundable)
- High school transcripts or marksheets
- Proof of English proficiency
- Photocopy of your passport name page
International24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 48 months.
National24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State8060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8060 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Boise
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.