Modern society needs high quality Mechanical Engineering graduates for their professional mechanical engineering skills and expertise. Mechanical Engineering offers an exciting environment where many skills are brought together to enable the undergraduate student to understand:
- how products are engineered, manufactured and supported
- how and where analytical engineering science and mathematics are used in design, development and research
- how the use and management of resources is important to society and business competitiveness
- how it is necessary to communicate and present concepts to engineers and non-engineers alike
Mechanical engineers play key roles in all industrial sectors, from aerospace and oil and gas, through food and transport, to the manufacturing, chemical and entertainment industries. Professional mechanical engineers are at the forefront of the management of the Earth’s natural resources, as they strive to meet the conflicting demands of the modern world, in particular the desire for ever-increasing living standards in the face of limited resources and environmental concerns.
These challenges are perhaps clearest in the field of energy production and utilisation. In many areas of the world, provision of adequate water supplies is an ever more pressing problem. As well as having vital roles in providing these basic necessities, mechanical engineers belong to teams responsible for the design and manufacture of countless articles we take for granted today, from aircraft to artificial joints.
Why study Mechanical Engineering at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- Learn how many of the devices and machines we take for granted work.
- Study a subject that lets you apply the principles of mathematics and physics to the real world
- Learn the skills that will put you in a position to move into management roles as a professional engineer
- Explore the exciting worlds of transport, manufacturing, power plant, medical engineering and many others
- Whatever your final career path, developing the ability to apply quantitative methods to solving problems – the basis of engineering – will be an invaluable asset.
There is a constant demand for graduates of the Mechanical Engineering (Hons) programme from Heriot-Watt University Dubai in many sectors, including power production, oil and petrochemicals, transportation, building services, utilities and manufacturing. There are few activities that do not require mechanical engineering input at some stage, and this is reflected in the opportunities available to mechanical engineers. Many engineers move into management positions where their numeracy and problem solving skills are valued.
- Mechanics, Fields and Forces
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering in Context
- Mathematics for Engineers and Scientists
- Waves and Matter
- Mechanical Engineering in Context
- Mechanical Engineering
- Design and Manufacture
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
360 - 480
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 22 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCE A-Level CCC (or AABB at AS-Level)
- CBSE 65%.
- American High School Diploma + SAT 1s - 1000
- Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points.
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Engineering) with a BBBB.
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 70%
- Curriculum Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grade of 5 + IELTS 6.0
- EmSAT minimum 1400 English, 1300 Maths, 1100 Physics, 1100 Chemistry
- Compulsory subjects to include Mathematics, Physics and English.
International15484 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15484 EUR per year during 36 months.
National15484 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15484 EUR per year during 36 months.
AED 65100 per year
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.