This Engineering and Computing programme from Heriot-Watt University Dubai is specifically designed as a foundation programme that will help students to bridge the gap between their school qualifications and the demands of a university degree.
Students who complete the programme successfully will be able to progress directly into the first year of their chosen degree programme.
The programme will help students to develop their subject knowledge whilst providing a firm foundation in IT, research and writing skills, academic English, and assessment and examination techniques.
Upon successful completion of this DEP, students will be eligible to progress to one of the following programmes, all of which are offered at the Dubai Campus:
- BEng (Hons) Architectural Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Robotics, Autonomous and Interactive Systems
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Cyber Security)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Data Science)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Software Engineering)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Systems
- BSc (Hons) Computer Systems (Computer Games Programming)
- BSc (Hons) Data Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Statistical Data Science
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Students study the following subjects:
- Academic English
- Approaches to Learning
- Entry Physics (Prospective Chemical Engineering students will study Entry Chemistry instead).
- Entry Mathematics
Students are assessed through a combination of coursework and exams and must attain a minimum overall grade of B (60%) in each course to ensure guaranteed transfer onto the undergraduate programmes listed above.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 14 other programmes in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Arab Emirates
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- British GCE/IGCSE Four Cs (4s)
- Indian CBSE/HSSC or equivalent Case-by-case basis
- UAE Tawjihiyya Case-by-case basis
- US American High School Diploma Case-by-case basis
- Africa WASSC (WAEC/NECO) Five C6s
- Philippine High School Case-by-case basis
- National Curriculum Russian / Kazakhstan (Attestat) Grades of 3
- IB – MYP year 11 Grades of 4
- IBCP - BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Pass + SL grades of 4 or IGCSE grades of C (4)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma – Pass
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma – Pass
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10554 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10554 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National10554 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10554 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.