The Physics and Electrical Engineering program of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is designed to broaden and enhance the education of students in engineering degree programs. Students can obtain a B.S. Physics and B.S. Electrical Engineering dual degree or a B.S. Physics and B.S. Computer Engineering dual degree.
To obtain a dual B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and Physics, undergraduate students must complete all requirements for the B.S.E.E. degree as established by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. In addition, students must complete 12 credit hours of upper-division PHYS courses specified by the Department of Physics and Optical Science with an average grade of C or above. A B.S. in Physics under this program is awarded at the same time as or after the B.S.E.E.; the B.S. in Physics degree will not be awarded in advance of the engineering degree.
- Computer Utilization in C++
- Network Theory
- Instrumentation and Networks Laboratory
- Analytical Foundations of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Electromagnetic Waves
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 1677 other Bachelors in Physics in United States
- Minimum GPA: 2.0 (cumulative and Physics)
- Pre-Major/Prerequisite Courses: Complete the following with grades of C or above and no more than 2 attempts per course: Physics for Science and Engineering I & II, Calculus III
- Application and Application Fee of $80
- Proof of English ability
- In order for us to review your application, we require school records or transcripts for the last four years of pre-university curriculum. A complete transcript will have the courses you have taken and your grades/marks for each course from grades 9 through 11 or through 12 if you have completed high school
- Submit one required essay
- For freshmen applicants, submitting the SAT or ACT is optional due to the limited testing opportunities caused by COVID-19
International17246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8623 USD per semester during 48 months.
National17246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8623 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State3812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1906 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Charlotte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.