Students pursuing a B.S. degree take coursework in areas of Earth Sciences and Geology such as mineralogy, geochemistry, structural geology, hydrogeology, sedimentology, stratigraphy, petrology, and optical mineralogy.
Students majoring in the Geology program of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte pursue careers in geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, mining, oil and gas exploration, site analysis, and teaching. Students should seek advising for guidance toward courses that meet the requirements for North Carolina Licensure as a Professional Geologist and/or Soil Scientist. There are employment opportunities in both government and private industry with the greatest range of positions available to students who earn graduate degrees.
- Physical Geology
- Earth History
- Structural Geology
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Soil Science Geology View 185 other Bachelors in Soil Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application and Application Fee of $80
- Proof of English ability
- In order for us to review your application, we require school records or transcripts for the last four years of pre-university curriculum. A complete transcript will have the courses you have taken and your grades/marks for each course from grades 9 through 11 or through 12 if you have completed high school
- Submit one required essay
- For freshmen applicants, submitting the SAT or ACT is optional due to the limited testing opportunities caused by COVID-19
International17936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17936 USD per year during 48 months.
National17936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17936 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State3812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3812 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Charlotte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.