The Computational Engineering BSc program from University of Texas at Austin has designed an accredited undergraduate curriculum that includes engineering and science fundamentals, advanced mathematics, software engineering design, and more.
What do computational engineers do?
Computational engineers use computers and advanced computational methods to analyze and solve engineering problems. Their knowledge of mathematics and computational science is used to formulate algorithms and develop software to simulate scenarios and make predictions. Computational engineers work in a variety of fields from aircraft design to energy infrastructure to weather prediction and climate research.
CareersComputational engineering graduates pursue careers in a variety of fields, including energy, manufacturing, aerospace, health care, microelectronics and more.
- Engineering Computation
- Computational Methods for Structural Analysis
- Scientific Computation
- Software Engineering and Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Advanced Scientific Computation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign General Engineering & Technology Software Engineering View 2206 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The online application
- Application fee
- Short Answers: Answer the required short answer prompts in your ApplyTexas or Coalition for College application.
- Your high school transcript(s): If you are an international applicant, you must submit documentation showing that you have completed an accredited secondary school series equivalent to that of a U.S. high school. Submit an official record or transcript (mark sheet) that shows all your secondary school work and grades (or marks) starting with ninth grade and continuing through at least the end of 11th grade. You should also include copies of your official final examinations taken at the end of the secondary school program, including external exams such as the General Certificate of Education (GCE) “O” and “A” level examinations, school leaving certificates and matriculation exams.
- Any college transcript(s)
- Test scores
- Permanent resident card
International44042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22021 USD per semester during 48 months.
National44042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22021 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6484 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.