Colgate University’s program in German also offers the opportunity for immersion in contemporary German and European culture through our acclaimed study group in Freiburg, Germany. With attention to the ways that language, culture, and thought are fundamentally interwoven, our program emphasizes the importance of working in German linguistically as an essential dimension of studying German-speaking cultures.
- Equipping students with the tools they need to access and understand other cultures, the department's courses seek to foster cultural knowledge, self-awareness, and critical citizenship through a range of academic inquiries and in international, intercultural contexts.
- The campus presence of German Studies is enhanced by the department's co-curricular programming as well as by the activities of the student-led German Club, whose efforts to raise critical awareness of pressing contemporary social issues in German-speaking Europe and beyond are endorsed and supported by the department.
- Beginning German
- Intermediate German
- German Expressionist Cinema
- Transnationalism in Contemporary German Culture
- Reinventing Berlin: Memory, Culture, and Urban Space
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 2498 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee
- Two academic teacher recommendations
- Guidance counselor recommendation
- Official high school transcript
- High school senior grades
- Official standardized testing scores (optional for all fall 2021 applicants)
International61594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61594 USD per year during 48 months.
National61594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61594 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.