About the Program
The curriculum of the Political Science program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) emphasizes foundational theories and current methods of political science, while cultivating critical thinking and writing skills through class assignments, research opportunities, and an optional senior thesis. Introductory and advanced classes provide majors with solid competency in the discipline as a whole and its subfields – Political Theory, American Politics, Public Policy, Comparative Politics, International Relations, and Political Methodology.
Political science graduates have many avenues for employment and/or advanced study. Majors typically go on to successful employment in government, private industry, and non-governmental organizations in the U.S. and abroad directly after graduation. Other graduates are admitted to top-rated law and business schools, or graduate programs in political science or other disciplines.
- Political Science Scope and Methods
- Political Science Laboratory
- Feminist Thought
- American Political Process
- Making Public Policy
- International Relations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
180 MIT units
DisciplinesInternational Relations Sociology Political Science View 1443 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Secondary School Report (SSR), including high school transcript
- For non-native English speakers, we strongly recommend providing the results of an English proficiency exam if you have been using English for fewer than 5 years or do not speak English at home or in school, so that we may consider that information alongside the rest of your application
- We do not have cut off or recommended scores for the ACT or SAT as scores are evaluated within an applicant’s context
International57590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57590 USD per year during 48 months.
National57590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57590 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.