- The Dietetics concentration curriculum at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore is based on accreditation requirements outlined by ACEND. The course offerings are periodically revised by the Department and University curriculum committees and are sequenced to provide experiences that become increasingly complex and build upon previous knowledge and experiences. Supporting courses are selected to provide prerequisite knowledge for professional courses. Students combine classroom experiences with field experiences in clinical, foodservice and community settings. Additional related field experience is recommended.
- Program graduates with a 2.5 GPA or higher are eligible to obtain a Verification Statement that provides eligibility to apply for an ACEND accredited supervised practice program, which is referred to as a dietetic internship. Once graduates successfully complete a dietetic internship, they are eligible to sit for the national dietetic registration examination and the examination requirements are set by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). After the individual passes the national examination, they will become a RDN. Some states may require you to become licensed (Maryland requires licensure).
The Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) is an accredited program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Anatomy & Physio I + Lab
- Fund of Organic Chem I + Lab
- Fund of Contemporary Speech
- Scientific Principles of Food
- Applied Food Service Sanitation
- Elementary Statistics
- Professional Development
- Nutrition Ed & Counseling
- Essentials of Nutrition Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Nutrition & Dietetics View 354 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application for undergraduate admission along with the non-refundable $35 application fee.
- Official copy of the high school transcript showing grades earned through the junior year, courses in progress in the senior year, and a cumulative grade point average.
- Official score report of the SAT or ACT with the Writing Component
- Highly recommended, yet not required:
- Type-written (250 words) personal statement that expresses who you are and why you want to attend UMES.
- Letter of Recommendation from a Teacher, Counselor, School or Community Leader.
International15828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15828 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National15828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15828 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State5418 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5418 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.