- The program in Child Development offered by the University of Maryland Eastern Shore prepares students to work with and/or teach others to work with children and their families. Emphases are given to development within various family structures and to strategies for facilitating normal development. Students learn basic and applied concepts of human development and acquire skills in working with young children of varying abilities and backgrounds and with their families in a variety of settings. In addition to classroom instruction, the Child Development students spend part of several semesters working in the campus Child and Family Development Center and in off-campus social and human service agencies.
- Potential employment opportunities include private child care facilities, hospital and clinic settings, recreation programs, health and social service agencies, and businesses. Students choosing this option can broaden their career possibilities by completing courses in cognate areas such as business, recreation, or nutrition that complement the training in Child Development. In addition, successful completion of the Child Development program provides excellent preparation for graduate studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Found of Early Childhood
- Computer Concepts & Appl
- Infant & Child Dev & Learning
- Emerging Language & Literacy
- Guiding Young Children
- Human Dev: A Lifespan Perspective
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 1354 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application for undergraduate admission along with the non-refundable $35 application fee.
- Official copy of the high school transcript showing grades earned through the junior year, courses in progress in the senior year, and a cumulative grade point average.
- Official score report of the SAT or ACT with the Writing Component
- Highly recommended, yet not required:
- Type-written (250 words) personal statement that expresses who you are and why you want to attend UMES.
- Letter of Recommendation from a Teacher, Counselor, School or Community Leader.
International15828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15828 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National15828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15828 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State5418 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5418 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.