Why study BSc (Hons) Forensic Biology at BU?
- Taught by leading academics, experienced practitioners and a range of professional guest lecturers, you will develop a comprehensive grounding in forensic biology
- Take part in invaluable lab and fieldwork experience, including mock crime scenes and disasters
- Use sophisticated lab and field equipment to collect and analyse biological evidence, write detailed logs and reports, and even collaborate with staff on current forensic research projects
- Take part in live fire exercises in your final year
- Pick from subject modules that suit your own interests, passions, and career goals in your second and final year
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one and improve your chances of gaining employment after you graduate.
We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
This course is recognised by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Crime Scene
- Forensic Law & Practice
- Biology for Forensic Sciences
- Academic Study Skills
- Applied Sciences
- Introduction to Biology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Mathematics in Science
- Foundation Year Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Forensic Science Natural Sciences View 254 other Bachelors in Natural Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
Foundation Year Entry Requirements: 48 - 72 UCAS tariff points.
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.
Please see below some examples of the international qualifications for entry onto Year 1 for September 2022 entry:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Fees are for 2022 entry. Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course. Fees during your placement year (if applicable): £1,850.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.