The Theater department from Boston College offers one degree, a Bachelor of Arts in Theater. In addition, a Theater major is required to complete six theater production labs which involve work in the shops or backstage on department productions.
A graduating Boston College Theater major will be able to:
- analyze dramatic texts, theatrical events, and experimental forms with critical intelligence;
- articulate an understanding of the role of theater in culture and society and how each shapes the other over time;
- collaborate with others and solve problems in the planning and production of theatrical events;
- exhibit creativity and imagination in making theater—in attitude, process, and ability;
- demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following disciplines: acting, directing, design, playwriting, stage management, and technical production.
- Dramatic Structure and Theatrical Process
- Acting: Fundamentals of Performance
- Elements of Stagecraft
- Elements of Theatrical Design
- Movement and Dance for Stage & Screen Performers
- The Art of the Audition
- Musical Theatre Performance
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 1034 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standardized Testing
- International applicants must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test examination scores.
- Curriculum Evaluation
- All students are required to submit an official high/secondary school transcript.
- Supporting Materials
- The School Report and Counselor Recommendation Form
- Teacher Evaluations
- Application Fee
- English Proficiency
International59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59050 USD per year during 48 months.
National59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59050 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.