Building on their linguistic proficiency consolidated in the language program, majors expand that proficiency to a wide variety of Hispanic texts. This training exercises and assures our students' ability to analyze texts and contexts, as well as to conceive, articulate, and defend an original idea.
Upon successful completion of the Spanish program at Boston College, students should be able to:
- speak in Spanish to describe, narrate stories, and carry on spontaneous conversations about topics such as family, professions, food, clothing, health, likes and dislikes and the past.
- comprehend the target language well enough to understand the main ideas and additional details in short conversations referring to the topics mentioned above and other situations in different verb tenses.
- read and understand texts (some prepared specifically for students and some primary sources) dealing with a variety of cultural products and practices.
- write basic compositions about a variety of themes in simple but complete sentences and compose short paragraphs, displaying good control of Spanish grammar and sentence structure.
- recognize, appreciate and compare similarities and differences between their own culture and Spanish-speaking cultures.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elementary Spanish
- Intermediate Spanish
- Conversation, Composition and Reading
- Advanced Spanish
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 2808 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standardized Testing
- International applicants must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test examination scores.
- Curriculum Evaluation
- All students are required to submit an official high/secondary school transcript.
- Supporting Materials
- The School Report and Counselor Recommendation Form
- Teacher Evaluations
- Application Fee
- English Proficiency
International59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.