Child-centred and active approaches to teaching are central to the Froebel philosophy and permeate the ethos in the Department.
The foundation disciplines of Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology and History of Education form the theoretical basis for this degree.
Education modules and school-based practice within a variety of placement settings feature across all 4 years, as well as a placement in the Gaeltacht for 2 fortnight blocks at Easter in second and third year.
- Graduates are eligible to register with the Teaching Council and are qualified to teach in primary schools in Ireland.
- Further training: Educational Psychology, Educational Management, Special Educational Needs;
Other areas include volunteering in developing countries, authoring of educational texts, third level teacher education, civil service
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum and Methodologies
- Including Every Child
- Mathematical and Scientific Enquiry
- Placement Learning: Education for the Middle Years
- Professional and Personal Skills for Teaching and Learning
- Social Construct of Identity in the Primary School
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 16 other Bachelors in Teaching in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Maynooth University and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official academic transcripts and diplomas
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation (x2) for postgraduate students only
- English proof of proficiency (if required). If your score is pending you may submit your application for review and send your score later.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.