In view of the speed at which methods, processes and professions in the field develop, the Chemistry programme from Heidelberg University is intended to provide students with a solid grounding in chemistry and related disciplines. This ensures that following completion of the academic programme, they are able to stay abreast of new developments, enter new fields, and contribute to further development of their subject area in terms of research and technology.
In particular, students are prepared to undertake a consecutive Master’s degree programme in Chemistry.
- Students gain basic knowledge in a variety of fields acquire experimental skills, and develop the ability to think independently and behave responsibly.
- Graduates have a good overview of the nature of chemical bonds and are able to apply appropriate methods to solve research questions in the field of chemistry.
- The broad academic programme prepares students to undertake independent research.
- Biophysical Chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry
- Earth Sciences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 3 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Heidelberg University and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All degree programmes at Heidelberg University are access-restricted. The general requirements to enrol in an academic programme are a university entrance qualification and proof of sufficient language proficiency.
- Depending on the nationality of international students, they may require an entry visa and a residence permit in order to study at Heidelberg University.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 36 months.
- EU/EEA- Fees and contributions: 171.80 € / Semester
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.